Sat, 25 Mar|
Creative Writing Workshop (Adults)
Writing from Personal Experience. Come and join Juliet from The Curious Creative Club and use your personal experience to convey your personal stories in a variety of ways.
Time & Location
25 Mar 2023, 14:30 – 16:30
ECO HUB, Unit 54, Emley Business Park, Leys Lane, HD8 9QY
About the Event
Time to arrive 2.15pm to get settled, for a prompt start of2.30pm – 4.30pm finish
Cost £37 per person includes refreshments
Maximum places - 10
Who is this for? People who want to convey their own personal stories in a variety of ways, for example through:
• Short Stories
• Social Media
Participants may want to do this just for themselves, as a creative and mindful activity or for well-being reasons such as journaling, or they may want to take it one step further and share their experiences publicly via blog posts, short stories or even to produce a full memoir.
The exercises that I’ll take you through will help to develop your skills in writing personal stories and most importantly give you the confidence to do so, in a safe, informal space with a small group of like-minded people.
Writing about your own life can be challenging but there are ways to make it easier, and interesting for the reader. The great part is that everyone’s story is unique, no-one has a story exactly the same as yours.
‘Using your voice is your super-power to craft great writing through your story telling.’
This workshop will help you to get these stories down and give you techniques to add depth, emotion and setting atmosphere through a variety of interesting tasks (no spoilers sorry!).
What you’ll get from this workshop:
• 2 warm up tasks and up to 5 main writing tasks
• The opportunity to share your work with like-minded people (but only if you want to) and learn from others' styles of writing
• A 15 minute break with hot drink and cake / biscuits (please advise us of any allergies upon booking the workshop)
• 2 hours of pure creative you-time
• An understanding of how to create your own personal story, using the techniques you’ll learn through the tasks
• An increase in confidence in your writing skills
• Further resources and tips to continue your writing journey
Previous testimonials about Juliet’s Writing Workshops:
I loved all the tasks, they were all great and so imaginative!' Clair
'I loved it, Never thought I was any good at/ particularly enjoyed writing but you made it a joy! Here's to many more. I enjoyed the way were guided through steps to accomplish different styles and having to do things really quickly without overthinking it.' Miriam
'I liked the time restrictions so you couldn't over think and it was good to read it aloud in a group of like-minded people. Wonderfully, creative evening, will recommend! - Hazel
'A chance to explore and tap into your creative self and have the luxury of the time to do it! I've realised I miss poetry, I'm going to start committing my prose to paper and I'm also going to be asking for a journal for my birthday next week!' Jo
'I really enjoyed the session last week. Very energising and the quick fire exercises really got the brain working! 'I'm inspired to get started! Informal, stimulating and positive regardless of your starting point' Carol
COVID WORKSHOP INFORMATION:
- If you have any symptoms of COVID please do not attend the workshop.
- The workshop and Eco Hub services will have been throughly cleaned beforehand, surfaces and equipment will be cleaned throughout the event.
- There is a maximum of 4 people in the Eco Hub Workshop or 10 in our alternative workshop area (Lucy's Cabin).
- Hand sanister and antibactiral wipes will be available throught the workshop should you need.
- We offer a well ventilated work area.
- Masks or visors are required during demonstrations or moving around the workshop, but optional whole seated at your work area.
If you cancel the place at least 1 month before the date of the workshop you will receive a refund less £5 admin fee, this applies to ALL cancellations.
If less than 1 month of the date, we will only be able to offer a refund if the place can be filled.
If we cancel the workshop a FULL refund will be given or an alternative date will be offered.
- Ticket type
ADULT WORKSHOP TICKET
This ticket includes all materials and equipment needed, plus a brew.Price£37.00