Wed, 28 Feb|
INTRO TO SILVER CLAY
This is a relaxing, informative & inspiring look into the art of Silver Clay and all it can do! It's 'MAGIC'!!!!
Time & Location
28 Feb 2024, 11:00 – 15:00
ECO HUB, Unit 54, Emley Business Park, Leys Lane, HD8 9QY
About the Event
Introduction to Silver Clay Workshop
This session will introduce you to the magical world of silver clay.
It starts out life as described - a claylike substance, made up of very fine particles of pure silver held together with an organic binder and water.
When you fire the piece, the organic binder is burned away and you are left with a solid silver piece in fine silver.
In this workshop you will have the opportunity to produce 1-4 pieces dependent on whether you choose to work big or small. These charms in turn could become a pendant or pair of earrings for example.
You will learn:
- Properties of silver clay and how to care for it during the making process.
- how to roll and texture the clay, refine and sand your pieces and drill holes.
- torch fire and polish adding a patina if time allows and if you wish.
At the end of the session you will take your finished pieces home with you.
Duration: 4 hours
Includes 7g of Art Silver Clay. All tools and equipment are provided.
Silver ear wires and chains available to purchase as an optional extra, cash or card accepted.
Please do bring your own lunch or alternatively you can purchase lunch at Lucy's cafe as there will be a natural break so the pieces can dry out.
Please wear closed toe shoes.
Long hair to be tied back during firing process.
COVID WORKSHOP INFORMATION:
- If you have any symptoms of COVID please do not attend the workshop.
- The workshop and Eco Hub services will have been throughly cleaned beforehand, surfaces and equipment will be cleaned throughout the event.
- There is a maximum of 4 people in the Eco Hub Workshop or 10 in our alternative workshop area (Lucy's Cabin).
- Hand sanister and antibactiral wipes will be available throught the workshop should you need.
- We offer a well ventilated work area.
- Masks or visors are required during demonstrations or moving around the workshop, but optional whole seated at your work area.
If you cancel the place at least 1 month before the date of the workshop you will receive a refund less £5 admin fee, this applies to ALL cancellations.
If less than 1 month of the date, we will only be able to offer a refund if the place can be filled.
If we cancel the workshop a FULL refund will be given or an alternative date will be offered.
- Ticket type
ADULT WORKSHOP TICKET
This ticket includes all materials and equipment needed plus a brew.Price£70.00Sold Out
This event is sold out