Sat, 26 Mar|
MODERN RAG RUGGING
Join craft tutor and maker Kim Searle for a relaxed and informative workshop learning Rag Rug techniques with a modern twist!
Time & Location
26 Mar 2022, 14:30 – 16:30
Emley, Emley Moor, Leys Ln, Emley, Huddersfield HD8 9QY, UK
About the Event
Rag Rugging is a technique traditionally used to turn rags into textural rags. In this open ended session you'll learn two versatile rag rug techniques that can be used to make a piece of wall art, homewares, a brooch or more. As rag rugging takes a long time to complete you may not finish your piece in the session (but if you opt to do a brooch you will do) but will go away with tools and skills to complete it. There will be a wide range of fabric scraps, recycled materials, colourful rope, buttons and other things to choose from to make your piece unique. This workshop is developed for all abilities.
COVID WORKSHOP INFORMATION:
- If you have any symptoms of COVID please do not attend the workshop.
- The workshop and Eco Hub services will have been throughly cleaned beforehand, surfaces and equipment will be cleaned throughout the event.
- There is a maximum of 6 people in the Eco Hub Workshop or 10 in our alternative workshop area (Lucy's Cabin).
- Hand sanister and antibactiral wipes will be available throught the workshop should you need.
- We offer a well ventilated work area.
- Masks or visors are required during demonstrations or moving around the workshop, but optional whole seated at your work area.
If you cancel the place at least 1 month before the date of the workshop you will receive a refund less £5 admin fee, this applies to ALL cancellations.
If less than 1 month of the date, we will only be able to offer a refund if the place can be filled.
If we cancel the workshop a FULL refund will be given or an alternative date will be offered.
- Ticket type