Sat, 22 Jul|
NEON LIGHT SIGN (adults & teens 13+yrs)
A guided workshop to produce a unique neon desktop light sign.
Time & Location
22 Jul 2023, 14:30 – 16:30
ECO HUB, Unit 54, Emley Business Park, Leys Lane, HD8 9QY
About the Event
Create a personalised neon light sign
A guided workshop to produce a unique neon desktop light sign. The light is battery powered so it can be displayed anywhere you like!
Explore freehand writing styles and simple one line image production before designing your own light sign, which can be of an image or a word.
Choose from a selection of coloured EL (electroluminescent) wire and follow your drawn design before creating a support from acrylic rod and connecting the wire to a battery pack.
Once all the components are made, you will assemble the light together onto an oak base.
· Learn how to transfer designs from line to wire.
· Cut, shape and finish acrylic rod using a small saw, file and abrasive paper.
· Assemble simple electrical components to complete the circuit.
This workshop is suitable for all abilities.
*The wire provided is 50cm long which should suit most 3/4/5 letter words or simple shapes. If you would like to produce a longer word or more complex shape, please let us know at least a week prior to the course date. A 1m length can be used instead but will be an extra £3.50 charge
COVID WORKSHOP INFORMATION:
- If you have any symptoms of COVID please do not attend the workshop.
- The workshop and Eco Hub services will have been throughly cleaned beforehand, surfaces and equipment will be cleaned throughout the event.
- There is a maximum of 4 people in the Eco Hub Workshop or 10 in our alternative workshop area (Lucy's Cabin).
- Hand sanister and antibactiral wipes will be available throught the workshop should you need.
- We offer a well ventilated work area.
- Masks or visors are required during demonstrations or moving around the workshop, but optional whole seated at your work area.
If you cancel the place at least 1 month before the date of the workshop you will receive a refund less £5 admin fee, this applies to ALL cancellations.
If less than 1 month of the date, we will only be able to offer a refund if the place can be filled.
If we cancel the workshop a FULL refund will be given or an alternative date will be offered.
- Ticket type
ADULT & TEEN WORKSHOP TICKET
This ticket includes all materials and equipment needed plus a brew.Price£35.00